At the heels of a brand new Chromecast UI rolling out to everybody, Plex is beginning a staged rollout of a brand new model of the Android app. This one comes with a couple of vital adjustments that make your smartphone extra succesful for playback and streaming. You’ll in spite of everything perform a little on-the-fly transcoding from Android, and native recordsdata paintings with casting.
The brand new replace is v6.15, and this is the whole changelog.
- Native Playback: improve for Plex Spouse and Chromecast, together with on-device audio transcoding.
- Exterior subtitles are actually tagged accurately.
- ExoPlayer v2: direct play may fail with sure exterior subtitles.
- [Mobile] Proceed observing hub used to be being displayed incorrectly.
- [Mobile] Assortment hub names are lacking on pre-play.
- [Mobile] Replace textual content for login with e mail to steer clear of confusions.
- [TV] Beef up recording precedence reordering.
- [TV] App may crash when filtering by way of solution.
- [TV] Stay video participant open while screensaver is lively.
You’ll have an general higher revel in coping with video saved in the community now. Audio transcoding works for your telephone, which is spectacular. All of your native recordsdata too can plug into the Chromecast capability. In older builds, there used to be no Forged choice for native content material. Now, you’ll be able to beam content material directly to a Forged goal.
The replace additionally comprises the standard raft of computer virus fixes and smaller tweaks. You could see the up to date app within the Play Retailer already, however it is going to be are living for everybody over day after today or two. If you’ll be able to’t wait, now we have were given it on APK Reflect.