How-to easily change your default SMS app on Android: Don’t just like the default textual content messaging app that got here together with your Android smartphone anymore? To not fear, it’s tremendous simple to modify it.
Since its earliest of days Google has made it conceivable to modify the default SMS app for your telephone. So you’ll merely obtain another like Textra or Pulse and set it as your default SMS app.
It doesn’t matter what model of Android you will have put in (it may be an older one) you’ll merely exchange it to every other texting utility of your opting for.
Doing so varies from telephone type to telephone underneath and underneath we’ll display you the best way to do it on two other telephones. However first, you’ll wish to have an app like Textra or Pulse put in for your Android handset.
The right way to Alternate the Default Messaging app on Android
The use of an OnePlus 5T with Android eight.zero Oreo
- Get admission to the Settings Menu via swiping down the notification color or tapping at the Settings icon
- Scroll down till you to find Non-public>Apps
- Faucet on Default (it’s the 1/3 choice)
- Faucet on SMS app and faucet for your most well-liked texting app
The use of a Samsung Galaxy A3 (2016) with Android 7.zero Nougat
- Get admission to the Atmosphere Menu via swiping down the notification color
- Scroll down till you to find Apps
- Faucet at the three-dot menu positioned within the most sensible proper of the display
- Faucet on Default apps
- Faucet on Messaging app and make a choice your most well-liked texting app
Why would you need to change to a third-party SMS app? Neatly, there are many causes. The obvious one is that they permit customers to customise their conversations in a lot of techniques from letting you to select the colour of the textual content bubbles to selecting the colour of the LED notification gentle that asserts you will have a brand new textual content.
Secondly, a few of these apps be offering an encrypted approach to keep up a correspondence, so in the event you’re apprehensive about privateness it will be a good suggestion to change to a extra protected approach to keep up a correspondence with family and friends.