Google‘s Backup & Sync desktop app, previously referred to as the Google Force consumer, has gained a number of main updates in recent years. It added complex report syncing controls in December, and NAS reinforce in February. Google has now launched some other replace, with the key alternate being a repair for syncing Prime Potency Symbol Report Layout (HEIF/HEIC) footage.
Sooner or later up to now, sponsored up HEIF pictures stopped being visual in Google Footage – they may most effective be positioned in Force. This malicious program was once basically an issue for iPhone customers, since iOS 11 added the facility for some gadgets to seize pictures in HEIF. The problem has now been mounted, but it surely does not practice retroactively – customers will wish to re-upload the affected pictures to have them seem in Footage.
There are a couple of different tweaks on this replace as neatly. Here’s the whole changelog:
- Mounted a topic the place HEIF and HEIC information (Prime Potency Symbol Layout information) weren’t visual in Google Footage. Customers who up to now synced all report sorts, then again, nonetheless gained’t see their current HEIF and HEIC information in Google Footage.
- Mounted a topic the place some customers weren’t ready so as to add further folders to sync.
- Customers can now make a selection to sync subfolders of
~/Libraryon macOS and
%UserProfilepercentAppDataon Home windows. An exception is that subfolders of
%UserProfilepercentAppDataLocalGooglecan’t be decided on.
- Mounted a topic the place some local packages didn’t seem within the listing of to be had packages to open information with when surfing Force on the internet.
- Mounted a topic on macOS Prime Sierra the place customers skilled a prolong in seeing not too long ago taken screenshots on their desktop.
- Larger responsiveness when deleting footage that would no longer be transformed to Prime High quality.
- Mounted a topic inflicting sync standing icons not to seem for some customers on Home windows.
The replace was once launched on April 17, so if it hasn’t been driven to you already, it most likely shall be quickly.